Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day for the Babyless

    I have to admit that this day was harder than I thought it would be.  I thought I would be able to think of this day as any other and let it just pass by.  However, when I woke up in the morning and I realized that it was my fourth Mother's Day being married and the third in which I thought I would have a true reason to celebrate it, I was saddened by the idea.  Hormones are at work here so that definitely explains a lot of it, but regardless, I wasn't feeling well and neither was Ty and so I was able to avoid the anxiety of being in church with the many mothers.  I don't think I would really want to hear all about how motherhood has been such a blessing to others and how mothers are such amazing people.  Then the awkwardness as kids pass out the designated gifts for mothers and unsure if they should give one to me because I'm without kids.  I'm doing better today, but I just wanted to vent that out of my system.  I really do hope the many mothers around me had a very special Mother's Day and that all of you were spoiled by your husbands and children.  You so deserve it!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment