Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ligament Pains

      So for some reason this isn't something that many people talk about.  However, when I've gotten to the point of slightly freaking out about it and talk to someone I find that it's normal and common.  There are times when you maybe wonder if these are tiny contractions.  In reality, your ligaments stretching and your body is growing to to be capable of holding a little being.  One of the girls at Ty work is pregnant and we had a get together at another person's house and while we were there she asked me if I had experienced them.  I think we were both glad to talk to someone else who was going through the same things at the same time.  Both of us were frustrated that no one talks about it if it's not a big deal.  At the same time women who haven't experienced it before are so worried and they don't want to mention admit to something being maybe wrong so they don't talk about it.  I think this is something I'll be making sure to mention to friends and family member who are going through their first time so they understand that things are still normal.  Obviously, there is a point where there is a problem and it isn't normal, but I think once you understand what is typical and what isn't you'll know better.  Right?  What do you guys think? 

1 comment:

  1. I am currently experiencing that!! I am so glad you blogged about this. I have been have tight pains in my stomach that I thought were contractions, but we are pretty sure it is just ligament stretching. I guess it is different for each woman and different with each pregnancy, as well. I didn't have ligament stretching with Eliza until 30 weeks or so, but I definitely feel it now!

    Also, you are TINY! Your body is going to have to stretch a bunch! My doctor last pregnancy told me every time I felt the pains or felt like my stomach itched, it was a sign I was stretching. She said to put lotion on as often as you could (especially when you felt either of these two things) and it would greatly reduce your chances of stretch marks.

    Mmmm...ok. Love you!

    ReplyDelete