Saturday, December 18, 2010

Everybody

    Yesterday, I was baking some yummy brownies and I had a playlist going from The Mormon Bachelor(ette), and the song "Everybody" by Ingrid Michaelson came on.  This is one of my favorite songs.  Whenever I hear it I burst out singing along.  I'm sure my neighbors are my biggest fans.  The amount of times I've put that song on repeat and pushed back to hear it again shows that yesterday wasn't the first time I've heard the song.  However, somehow it was the first time I heard the lyrics and really made a connection to my own situation.





    All of a sudden, it was like she was telling my story.  When I miscarried, I felt like I had fell down and couldn't get back up.  I kept trying to get myself to feel better, but what I really needed was the Lord to help me with that.  I needed His love.  When she sings, "Happy is the heart that still feels pain," it just rings true.  "Darkness drains and light will come again," speaks of hope to me.  I just need to let my Heavenly Father take that burden of sadness from me.  You could really add "of/by Christ" afterward when she sings "love".  I just have to be open to it.

    Today's a good day.  I have this song on continuous repeat (I promise I'll change it to a Holiday playlist soon), all of my Christmas shopping is done, and there is snow on the ground.  Life is pretty good in this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment